The PMW-F5 CineAlta camera shoots spectacular images with its 8.9 megapixels (effective) Sony 4K image sensor. You get superior, super-sampled pictures with noticeably higher contrast, rich color reproduction and greater clarity. The camera offers robust built-in recording modes, all with vibrant 4:2:2 color.
Irresistible options include the amazing precision of 16-bit linear RAW 2K/4K recording and high speed shooting at up to 120 fps without cropping. Multiple recording formats include HD/2K on SxS memory and 16-bit RAW 2K/4K on AXSM™ media as well as MPEG-2 HD422, MPEG4 SStP*, XAVC 2K*/HD and 16-bit RAW 2K/4K**.
You can have simultaneous recording on internal high-speed SxS PRO memory cards and RAW 2K/4K recording on sleek AXSM™ memory cards using the optional bolt-on AXS-R5 recorder, designed specifically to attach seamlessly to the F55 and F5 cameras. There is also high speed shooting up to120 fps XAVC 2K/HD* internally and 120 fps RAW 2K onto the AXS-R5. *Expected as a future upgrade. ** Recording onto the optional AXS-R5 recorder.
The cameras lightweight and modular design offers maximum versatility for both 2D and 3D projects, letting you build up the right configuration for each job – or each shot.
As well as the choice of formats and internal and external recording options, you can attach a variety of viewfinders, including the revolutionary optional DVF-EL100 OLED viewfinder, PL-mount, FZ-mount and still lenses, including second-generation Sony PL-mount lenses, and extra long-life Olivine – Lithium Iron Phosphate – batteries. The chassis is only slightly wider than a typical PL-mount prime lens, perfect for 3D rigs. An optional shoulder rig provides for hand-held and shoulder-mounted shooting.
***This particular F5 has the 4k upgrade to shoot 4k internal, up to 60fps.
- Super 35mm 4K CMOS Image Sensor
- 4,096 x 2,160, 11.6M total pixel, 8.9M effective pixel, Bayer pattern
- High sensitivity (ISO 2000) and low noise (S/N 57dB w/NR off)
- Accepts PL and FZ mount lens as well as other Cine, DSLR & SLR lenses (third party mount adapter is needed)
- Multi CODEC: XAVC HD, MPEG2 HD, SR SStP HD (SxS Memory Card) 2K RAW (AXS Memory Card)
- Modular Design includes a removable view finder, handle, Audio Input Box
- RAW Recorder is easy to configure depending on the shooting style
- Native Sony FZ mount, Includes PL Mount adapter.
- Super35mm Single Image Sensor
- Super35mm equivalent Single- Chip CMOS
- 57dB DNR off
- ISO 2000 @ S-Log2 Gamma with D55 Light Source
Sensitivity (2000 lx, 89.9% reflectance)
- T13 @ Odb, Standard Gamma, 24p (3200K Light Source)
- 1/24s to 1/6,000s
- 4.2 degrees to 360 degrees (electronic shutter angle)
Slow & Quick Motion Function
- XAVC 2K/HD: 1-120p (NTSC), 23.98p/29.97p
- XAVC 2K/HD: 1-100p (PAL), 25p
Built-In Optical Filters
- 0.9 = 1/8ND = 3 STOPS
- 1.8 = 1/64ND = 6 STOPS
Built- In Filters
- 0.9 (3 STOPS)
- 1.8 (6 STOPS)
- 14 STOPS
Effective Picture Elements
- 8.9 @ 4K
- 8.3 @QFHD & HD
- 8.9 @ 4K
- 8.3 @ QFHD & HD
- 3, 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 18db
- 4096 pixels
- 2168 TV Lines
- 170 LP/mm